How We Collect and Use Personal Information
When you visit our website or request a service, we may collect personal information or other information that you choose to provide.
We may collect and use personal information:
- to provide services;
- to send literature (by request to NA residents only);
- to mail out Pacific HemFir (by request to NA residents only);
- to conduct, monitor and analyze our business operations;
- to monitor website usage and ensure that content on the website is presented in the most effective manner;
- in relation to marketing or other email communications, where we have obtained consent to send such communications; or
- as otherwise required or authorized by law.
How Do We Share Personal Information?
We may share personal information with third party vendors, consultants, service providers or Pacific HemFir members who need to know this information to fulfill orders, or to provide assistance. All information provided to our third parties is kept strictly confidential.
International Data Transfers
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies perform various tasks (including remembering your preferences) and are an important part of improving your experience of our website.
Our website may also use other similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixel or gif tags, and action tags. Those technologies also collect information that assists us in improving our services, use of our website, advertising and customer communications.
There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don’t get asked the same information you’ve already given to the site. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device, and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device; and
- Third party cookies: cookies from companies such as Google or Facebook, which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
We use the following cookies:
- Necessary Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and use of its features. The information collected relates to the operation of our website (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information on how users use our website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services.
- Targeting cookies. These are cookies that are used to deliver content that best suits you and your interests. It can be used for targeted advertising / offers, limiting ad serving or measuring the effectiveness of a promotional campaign.
- Customization Cookies. These cookies are used to remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customize to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
How to block cookies?
Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. However if you want to refuse or delete them, please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies (e.g. Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari). Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Google has developed the opt out browser add-on. If you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser here.
You can find more information about cookies (including how to disable them) at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES INCLUDING SOCIAL MEDIA
No endorsement of any third party products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on, linked from or to this website.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information under our custody or control is accurate and complete. You are responsible for providing timely updates to changes in personal information if required.
You may request a correction to your personal information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information must be made in writing, and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought.
A request to correct personal information should be forwarded to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com
HOW DO WE SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are committed to protecting personal information to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
We use reasonable technical and security measures such as HTTPS (or SSL data encryption) to secure data when submitting information between your web browser and our website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot absolutely guarantee security of information.
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
EMAIL OR MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you wish to opt-out of email or marketing communications you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable efforts to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. You are responsible to provide updates to your personal information as soon as possible.
QUESTIONS, CORRECTIONS OR REQUESTS FOR ACCESS
You may request corrections to your personal information or request access in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Via email: email@example.com
Or by mail:
Privacy Officer – hemfirprod.wpenginepowered.com
595 Howe St
Canada V6C 2T5
This policy is subject to amendment from time to time. Please review this policy regularly to stay informed of any updates.